RE: [gardeners] Lurkers come out

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:45:59 -0700

At 11:52 AM 10/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Margaret,
>I was afraid someone was going to tell me that (to test the ph).  That's
>one of those things I lump into the "maintenance" category under "things
>I hate".  I will try to force myself to do it, but don't be suprised if
>I don't.
>Thanks!
>Alice
>seyfried@oclc.org

Alice, nothing's easier.  Take a spoon of earth here and there and there,
put them in a jar, shake it and let the dirt settle for 10 or 15 minutes,
then dip a pH paper in it, and see what color it emerges.

If you don't do it, your garden may not grow like you want it to, and
things may be easily remedied.  this one's a snap.  Margaret