Re: [gardeners] Lurkers come out

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:34:29 -0500 (CDT)

At 06:38 PM 10/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone made wine from homegrown grapes?
>I would love to try if it isn't too difficult.
>I had a great crop of grapes this year.
>Thanks in advance for any help anyone might send along.
>
>Mnkin in Vt.

Easiest thing in the world. Find you a wine/homebrew store, lots of them
around these days, and get some supplies and a cheap instruction manual.
Stomp them grapes and strain out the juice. Use the juice to make wine and
the must (stuff left after stomping) can be cooked down with a little water
to make more juice for making grape jelly and syrup. A web search should
give you all the info you need to do it right.

George, the little old winemaker