Re: [gardeners] Planning Ahead

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 14:18:15 +0000

George Shirley <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> Shucks Liz, it'll all work out. I had my last heart attack in the
> middle of August, peak harvest time for us. Since I do all the
> canning, preserving and freezing it just didn't get done that once.
> The whole family was standing around waiting for me to kick off to
> see who got the pressure canner and the 40-quart stockpot. Think of
> your surgery as a time of transition and when you find out who your
> friends really are.  Besides, gardening is kinda like sex,
> three-fourths of the fun of it is the planning and thinking. ;-))

At least you had sense enough not to plan your heart attack in
advance so you didn't get to spend 6 months worrying about your
garden.  No, you were smart enough just to go on and have your heart
attack and get it over with.  Me, I've got to spend 6 months worrying
about something that won't mean squat after this surgery.  I reckon
I'm more melodramatic than you are George, although that going for a
heart attack could push you into my level.

I am happy to know that you and the missus didn't starve to death
because you didn't get the canning done.

Liz