Re: [gardeners] ot - outlook express default?

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:58:13

At 10:29 AM 6/26/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 10:09 AM 6/26/98, you wrote:
>>At 06:44 AM 6/26/98 -0600, you wrote:
>>>Sorry to bother folks here, but does anyone know how to  configure Outlook
>>>Express so that messages arrive in readable type?  A friend is sending
>>>messages to me, and they arrive in 6 pt. type (that's 1/12th of an inch).
>>>He says it's 12 pt. on his screen, and is surprised that's how it shows on
>>>my Eudora Lite 3.0 mail program.  Thanks very much, Margaret
>>>
>>Margaret: You can change the size of your screen font. Go to the Tools
>>button, click there, look at the bottom of the list, click on options,
>>arrow down to Fonts & Display, click there. At the top of that list you
>>will see a button bar labeled Screen Fonts, click on the button and it will
>>give you a list of fonts and sizes. Pick the one you want and click on it.
>>You should see all mail on your screen in the same size after that. I have
>>mine set on Courier New, 9.
>>
>>Try it and see if it doesn't work.
>>
>>George
>>
>Thanks, George, but mine is set to Times New Roman 9.  The fault is with
>Outlook Express.  I've seen it occasionally on perennials and shadegardens.
> Margaret

Boy, that Outlook Express must be totally different from others. Everything
that comes through Eudora Lite 3.X on mine is in Courier New 9 point. Can't
help you with that problem, I've always used Eudora on PC's and Pine on
mainframes.

George