Re: [gardeners] Heatwave Tomatos and weather

John Harman (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 15:35:54 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Catharine Vinson wrote:

> Catharine (don't mind me; I grew up in an era that recognized that women
> weren't interchangeable property and deplored calling women "little
> woman", "the wife"...and referred to a marriage as: "man and wife." I
> sometimes fear we are slipping back into the stone age, however. Pity.)

	The younger generation realised that feminism was doing them more
harm than good, judging from my sons girlfriends attitudes, and the
younger co workers of mine. I even have women  opening doors for me, and
standing aside to let me go first into the lift (elevator), things that I
won't do for them. :)

	Only thing that I don't agree with, is a woman being robbed of
total identity,like being referred to as 'Mrs John Harman', like they used
to here.

John