Re: [gardeners] Re: Barbeque

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 22:16:28 +0000

George wrote:

> A plate!! By golly you are one fancy lady. Go to Joe Cotton's BBQ joint in
> Robstown, Texas, or any other really good BBQ joint, and you get your
> fixings on a piece of butcher paper on top of an oilcloth tablecloth.
> Couple slices of white bread, some dipping sauce, few dill pickles, some
> jalapenos, side dish of pinto beans with fatback, follow it up with HO HO
> for dessert. Lip smacking good

"Plate" is generic term. Butcher paper is both the service plate and
the luncheon dinner plate where I eat...paper towels on a roll at
communal tables for wiping hands are optional. All other ingredients as
described in MaPat's posting. You pick up and dispose of  your own
trash and put your tea glass in the washbasin. If you're a regular, you
know where the jar of peppermints are and grab one as a  breathmint on the
way out the door.

But then Ken Hall's is known as The Petroleuum Club of the Hill Country
...no "gimmie caps" allowed..<lol>

Catharine