Re: [gardeners] Dee Dee

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 17:41:17

At 05:28 PM 7/31/98 -0400, you wrote:

>It's a nice place to call home George  :-)
>
>We're waiting for a storm to come through!  Yipee!!  We need the rain, and
>it's supposed
>to be a cold front coming through, so highs will only be in the mid to low
>80's tomorrow!!
>I'll believe it when I see it, but it gives us something to look forward to!
>
>Bambi

Just got through watching the local weather cast. The high for today was
110F on the heat index and they're forecasting more of the same for the
next 4 or 5 days. Even at that it's cooler here than in Shreveport, LA,
heat index was 115F today and the actual temperature forecast for tomorrow
is 105F.

Wish we could get a cool front. Shucks, I'll even settle for a good ol'
blue norther or maybe just a little cloud with lots of rain in it. Miz Anne
and I are eating lots of cold salads and cold meals. No grilling or
barbecuing this summer, to blasted hot to get out there and build a fire.
Had tuna salad on homemade bread tonight for supper and looking at making a
cold casserole for tomorrow.

George