Re: [gardeners] fall garden

Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:34:26

At 07:42 PM 8/31/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 04:13 PM 8/31/98, you wrote:
>>It still hasn't rained but it has certainly been hot. Newscast last night
>>said the ambient temperature was 101 and that it was even hotter in north
>>Louisiana. I'm afraid to listen to the heat index. Hope all of you are
>>doing well and that your gardens grow.
>>
>>George
>
>Looks like you're next in line for a hurricane, George. Earl formed up
>today in the Gulf of Mexico and, according to the National Hurricane
>Center, at this point Louisiana looks like his target.
>
>Marianne
>Southeastern Ontario AgCan zone 5b

If we're lucky we'll at least get some rain from it. Just checked the old
hurricane supplies and will go get the extra propane bottle filled in the
morning and gas both cars up. If it's not to bad we'll ride it out, we're
fifty miles from the Gulf. If Earl's a real boomer we'll take the highway
north at least to Missouri.

George