Re: [gardeners] gardening happenings in Bastrop Co.

AMGarden@aol.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:48:14 EST

In a message dated 3/29/00 10:13:29 AM Central Standard Time,
ajmerten@earthlink.net writes:

> Don't worry, it ain't gonna get me down. I might need some help getting
>  out there one of these days. But I still got my green thumbs, and callus'
on
>  my knees. (;-}

Allen,
You have such a positive attitude.  Good luck with all this.  Have you begun
putting in any raised beds?  I know of many who garden from wheelchairs with
raised beds and pots on low shelves.  Those with the least movement seem to
get the most joy out of being able to keep gardening, but even those who can
still bend and reach find happiness.  It may take time, but putting in one
raised bed a year will be easier than all at once, and still give lots to
look forward too.
Prayers for you,

Anne in FL
zone 9b, sunset 26

To those who do not know mathematics it is difficult to get across a real
feeling as to the beauty, the deepest beauty of nature. If you want to learn
about nature, to appreciate nature, it is necessary to understand the
language that she speaks in. -Richard Feynman (1918-1988)