Re: [gardeners] Saturday in the garden

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 24 May 2000 12:36:45 -0600

At 11:11 PM 5/20/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>George, not many people are instructed to lose 70 lbs -- I've
>always pictured you as lean and strong.  Maybe you're
>husky instead? From your almost daily descriptions of all the
>veggies you eat, there does not seem to be much room for
>the carbohydrates. Have you a passion for bread...?

<snip>
>Penny, in gloomy New York (49 degrees)

Well, by golly, Delta Burke did it. She's no longer a delta, just a
rivulet...either a diagnosis of diabetes or a threat of such a diagnosis
made her give up sweets and cut way back on carbohydrates. She's looking
good! Now George is on his way...I still have a summer's worth of insects
and varmints to repel from the garden before I start to watch what I eat.
Margaret L