Re: [gardeners] Transplanting trees

Carol J. Bova (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 21:40:42 -0700

Talk about synchronicity! I just heard a similar story from a radio
garden show over the weekend. It had to do with a fig tree, I think,
that had been transplanted five years earlier, and still wasn't bearing
well. The recommendation was to take a stout stick, and whack all along
the trunk. The reason given was that some trees go into transplant
shock, that can last several years, and the pounding stimulates the tree
to increase circulation and get back to normal growth patterns.
FWIW,
	Carol

 Carol J. Bova   bova@bovagems.com
 Sunland, CA