Re: [gardeners] Ivy Gourd, Kaempfer or Cork Wood Tree

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:51:06 -0700

At 12:26 PM 3/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>For the cork tree, have a look at:
>http://www.britannica.com/seo/c/cork-tree/
>http://www.britannica.com/bcom/eb/article/single_image/0,5716,10559+asmbly%5
>Fid,00.html
>vs.
>http://www.britannica.com/bcom/eb/article/single_image/0,5716,10559+asmbly%5
>Fid,00.html
>
>Winged beans/ Psophocarpus tetragonolobus
>1)ECHO
>17430 Durrance Road
>North Fort Myers, FL,  33917
>941-543-3246
>$1 for catalog
>and they have a day length neutral one which you would need for your area.
>
>2) Champion Seed co
>4630 West Jennifer, Ste 103
>Fresno, CA 93722
>209-275-1101
>
>Sharon
>gordonse@one.net

Sharon, I just talked to my friend who brought the poster. She's an
experienced gardener, and spent three months in Thailand, mostly traveling
by bicycle by herself. Her sister and brother-in-law live on/in/at
Phuket.  She says the cork tree is a mimosa, and apparently they eat the
blossoms?  They were just coming to market in Feb. when she left. She said
they're served on large trays of vegetables that are eaten raw.  She didn't
have the opportunity to try them since she didn't know what they were
called and didn't see them so she could point to them.  Thanks very
much.  Margaret L