Re: [gardeners] Re: Sunday in the garden [sic]

Stacey Marien (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 06:59:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- George Shirley <gshirl@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> There has been no gardeners mail for at least a week
> now.

I was away in California for a week and came back to
more flowers in bloom and lots of weeds.  So I've
spent the past few days weeding and weeding.  My
flowers in bloom now are tall phlox, cosmos,
germander, calamint, zinnias, bachelor buttons, guara
(my new favorite).  The boltonia is almost ready to
bloom.

I picked my first beets and made a cold buttermilk
soup with them.  I've been eating lots of swiss chard
too.  My tomatoes have fruit on them as well as the
peppers.  The veggie garden looks good and I've got a
day off this week so I'll spend it there doing more
weeding!

Stacey in DC