Re: [gardeners] Whoops! Our beautiful October garden

Elizabeth (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:14:41 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0761_01C15750.BC9EABC0

Make that zones 6-9.  Sunset was 4-9, 14-22, 31, 32, and 34.

Elizabeth
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Elizabeth=20
  To: gardeners@globalgarden.com=20
  Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 9:05 PM
  Subject: Re: [gardeners] Our beautiful October garden

  Hi, Rosemary!  I always enjoy hearing from you, as our growing =
conditions are so similar.  I like to read what does well for you, and =
what doesn't.  (That way, I can learn from your mistakes as well as my =
own!  :)

  Re:  foundation plantings--have you ever tried skimmia japonica?  I =
just read an article about it in the latest Horticulture magazine, and =
it sounded interesting.  Evergreen shrub, 3-4' high and spread, bright =
red fruits from October through winter, hardy zones 4-9.

  Elizabeth
  tiarella@bellsouth.net
    ----- Original Message -----=20