Re: [gardeners] Can You Say Microclimate? was Re: Sunday in

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 08 May 2002 14:40:47 -0600

At 11:11 AM 5/8/02 -0600, you wrote:
>My little mater made it!  I assumed it didn't get cold, because I didn't
>even make it out to cover it up.
>
>Barb in Idaho
It dropped to 28° F. Stuff in the garden seems to be okay, but dry.
Potatoes were frostbitten, but other than that, everything was frost
hardy.  There are still a few blossoms on the Gravenstein, and perhaps
those will still make fruit, but they may have been damaged beyond
redemption. Some chile plants in my cold frame look unhappy, but they might
recover.  I'm hoping.  Emerging leaves on my persimmon seem to have taken a
hard hit.  I guess you are in a microclimate!  Margaret L