Re: [gardeners] Tuesday in the garden

Wed, 03 Jul 2002 10:23:07 -0500

In this case 2 cups of pickling lime (Ball brand) in 2 gallons of water and stirred up. Leave the
cuke slices in it for 24 hours and then wash and rinse thoroughly before making pickles out of them.
Old standby for crisping up cucumbers for pickles, makes them have a nice crunch when you bite into
them. I make a limed sweet pickle that would make you fight to get more of them. B-) First time I've
tried it on hamburger dills but a friend told me she does it all the time.

George