RE: [gardeners] Possums --- EEK!

L. Neuru (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:42:03 -0400

Believe me, it is worth the $275.00 to get rid of them.  Traps take forever,
and if you have more than one (I'm sure you do) you'll be at it forever.  We
trapped groundhogs one summer, 8 to count and they just kept on coming.
When the skunk moved in under the porch I called animal control...........

Lucinda

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-gardeners@globalgarden.com]On Behalf Of c.l. avery
Sent: April 25, 2003 12:18 AM
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: [gardeners] Possums --- EEK!

Dear List,

  I have a HUGE possum nest in one of my trees, about 30-35 ft up.  (holly
tree) I saw the adult possum peering at me from over the edge of the nest.
The nest is about 3 feet in diameter!  Am assuming that the nest if full of
babies.  Yikes!  All I can think about is the utterly destroyed prized
beefsteak tomatoes in my garden last summer.  I must get rid of these
possums.  How do I do that?  I don't want to offend anyone on the list, but
quite frankly, I don't care if they get killed or not.  I just want them
gone - and fast!

  Called one animal removal company and got a $275 quote.  Good grief!

  Carolyn
  Bethesda, MD