[gardeners] Re: It's getting cold

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 12 Oct 97 14:18:48 -0700

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997 15:18:48 -0500, david wrote:

>Which new list????
>They may not want me.
>Is it one that I must shut up and follow the Party Line?
>Or can there be some frolicking with some nubile ladies.

Lillian started a new list called Gardeners.  Its still small, I believe some off
topic is allowed but we haven't gotten rowdy on it.  I think there's about 35 or
so subscribers so far.  The address is:

Majordomo@globalgarden.com

with:  subscribe gardeners <your name> in the body of the message

Everyone had been introducing themselves over the last week or so otherwise
its been pretty quiet.

>Terry, keep your plants as warm and dry as possible. I tried to extend the
>season with plastic over plants in the field last year. Too much humidity
>was a big problem for rot.  They ripened and rotted all at the same time.
>Of course this was 1/2 acre. You may be able to manage better than I.

Humidity is a bit of a problem but when it gets cold here it also get dry.  I try
to lift the plastic when the sun is out just to let things dry some.

Terry