Re: [gardeners] Cardboard & Veggies

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 18:34:23 -0500 (CDT)

At 05:39 PM 10/13/97 -0400, you wrote:
>>If you avoid the chromic inks you shouldn't have any problem. The black inks
>>are mostly made with carbon and soy oil with resin from pine trees as a
>>binder. Also have a client that makes inks. You can find anything in these
>>piney woods down here. Remember that Louisiana is still largely agricultural
>>and the largest industry deals in timber.
>>
>>George
>
>I feel strangely ignorant. I had no idea that Louisiana is big in timber,
>although I did know it was agricultural. I was stuck in peppers and
>crayfish mode. When I think timber,  it is usually the Pacific NW that
>enters my mind. My ignorance of Louisiana is linked to my detested former
>partners being in Crowley. It's easier to wish the place flooded into
>oblivion when you don't care about it, so what little I knew of Louisiana
>was straight out of James Lee Burke's novels, a brief visit to New Orleans
>and Huey Long's history. Now that George, Anne and Sleepy are known and
>loved, I'm going to have to learn more about the place. Drat.  Can we sink
>Crowley without losing Sulphur, George?;-) Which paper company is it, btw?
>
>Cheryl Schaefer, Schaefer Yarns
>Beautiful hand painted fibers
>schaefer@epix.net
>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY

Yup, don't like Crowley myself. I do work for both Boise Cascade and
International Pulp and Paper. Shouldn't really matter which company made the
stuff. And yes, Louisiana and Texas are both big in the lumber and pulp
bidness. My retirement is sunk into a tree farm in San Augustine County,
Texas and our old family homestead is now part of a humongous tree farm in
Grant Parish, LA.

George