Re: [gardeners] Morning Glories and frost

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 18:37:35 +0000

Liz wrote:

> Did you guys have anything that unexpectedly knocked your socks off
> this year?  Tell us about it!

I grew a tie-dye morning glory that was nothing short of spectacular. The
foliage is variagated and the flowers are a deep, deep blue-violet with
streaks of white. Each flower is different. Huge blossoms. I'm hoping it
will re-seed like mad.

I've heard there is supposed to be a big resurgence in popularity of
morning glories, with intro. of several new Japanese varities. Am looking
forward to it. Here in Atlanta, they are a great follow up plant to sweet
peas.

Catharine