Re: [gardeners] Anyone Home

Cheryl & Erich Schaefer (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 22:59:46 -0500

>At 12:23 PM 10/29/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>I just joined 2 days ago and have been waiting for something to get posted
>>and the first message is this one.
>>Heather on Vancouver Island
>>
>>>Anyone home or are we down?
>>>ealbrook@lewiston.com
>>>
>Welcome Heather. As you probably will be able to tell we are such an elite
>group of gardeners that everyone is out gardening. The ones up North trying
>to salvage something and us Southerners still planting and gloating. ;-))
>
>George

Welcome Heather. As for you, George, knock yourself out. While I enjoyed
reading how your garden flourishes while mine wanes, the very idea of
beginning again now exhausts me. I haven't put anything including myself to
bed yet and I don't feel a bit guilty. I'm waiting for a beautiful autumn
day to plant the garlic and the rest will get done, more or less, if the
weather cooperates. My weeder moved out, so fall cleanup may not be very
thorough no matter what the weather does.Children do have their strong
points.

Cheryl Schaefer
SchaeferYarns
beautiful hand painted fibers
schaefer @epix.net
Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY