Seed Catalogs was RE: [gardeners] Salad Greens

Lillian Kepp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Dec 97 02:43:02 PST

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:17:18 +0000  Liz Albrook wrote:
>After making the earlier post I checked the mail box to discover a
>Cook's Garden catalogue.  It's just about my favorite seed
catalogue,
>mostly because of the many varieties of salad green seeds they
offer.
>It is also the catalogue I'm least likely to buy my salad seeds
from
>because I don't know what to buy and what not to buy.  I could
easily
>spend over $100 just on greens seeds.

Speaking of seed catalogs, does anyone beside me refuse to pay for
them.  If a company wants to charge me for a catalog, I don't get
it.  No stores or nurseries around here charge me to look around and
I just a ain't paying for anybody's catalog.  I can see them sending
one, and if you don't buy anything, not sending any more, but
charging for the first one really get me.

I do get about 30 or more catalogs every year - but they are free.

Lillian Kepp
thekepps@bright.net