Re: [gardeners] Xmas Gifts

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 11:18:23 +0000

Cheryl & Erich Schaefer <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> Believe it or not, someone with a
> garden gave it to me.

A cruel person with a garden gave it to you.  :-)

> Do I meet the challenge or throw the whole business
> into the meadow?

Well, I'd have to toss it in a meadow.  And I'd have to kill the
person who gave it to me.  Unless there was one plant that I liked
and didn't have -- then I'd just have to wish I'd killed the giver.
I hope you are a stronger person than I and can safe yourself the
aggravation by throwing them out now.  (I bet it's a lost cause but
I'm rooting for you anyway.)

> What did you get?

Not a single thing.  But we're leaving for the Rose Bowl on the 31st
and will be spending a week in southern California for our Christmas.
Works for me.

I'm enjoying the seed catalogues as they slowly arrive in fewer
numbers than last year.  Is Henry Fields the same thing as Gurney's?

Liz