Re: [gardeners] Pod / Bible Corn

Lillian Kepp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 6 Jan 98 04:39:11 PST

On Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:09:04 -0800 (PST)  Kay Lancaster wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Lillian Kepp wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know where I can get seed for corn known as Pod corn
>> or Bible corn.  Every kernel of corn is enclosed in it's own
husk.

>I don't know where to get it, but I know I've seen it in a couple
>of catalogs as "Argentinian pod corn", which is what the
geneticists
>call it.
>
>Maybe Seeds of Change?
>
>It's really just a mutant Zea mays, so I don't know where the
>"bible corn" name comes from.
>
>Kay

Found a source for my Pod Corn.  Harris Seed Co.  This is the
first year I got their catalog (I think).  I know I never
ordered from them before.

Anybody ever order from R.H. Shumway's?  Got a catalog from them
also.  I know I'll order some things from them, but wondered about
their stuff.

Lillian Kepp
thekepps@bright.net