"Plants Delight"...NOT!! was Re: [gardeners] Catalogs

asidv@ktc.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 08:35:57 +0000

Cheryl wrote:

> All my bulbs are from Dutch Gardens, and the plants I got from them -
> bleeding hearts - were the largest ever received from anyone. Highly
> recommended for price and quality.

Dutch Gardens are excellent. I've been 100% delighted with everything
I've ever gotten from them.

I haven't received the new Plants Delight catalog. Can't say I miss
it. I *USED* to have good results with plants from them. The last
order (last Fall) was a huge disappointment. Mother ordered from them
for the first time last Fall and got half-dead (roots, not top
growth) and totally dead plants. She wrote them immediately to let
them know that the plants had not survived the shipping. To make a
very long story short, she got a really nasty letter from Tony
Advent's wife accusing Mother of being both and incompetent gardener
and a liar who was just trying to get "free" plants. Mother's
feelings were badly hurt and I was ripping mad. I now place Plants
Delight 10 steps lower than Michigan Bulb Company in the scum
department. So, be careful buying anything from them....they *USED*
to have good plants, but it sure looks like things are not the same
in the Q.C. department at that company.

Catharine/Atlanta, zone 7b