Re: [gardeners] Mother's Cooking was Seeds

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 13:09:12 +0000

Kay Lancaster <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, George Shirley wrote:
>
> > like being given turpentine mixed with sugar and lemon juice to sooth a
> > cough and then, to polish off the kid, they would put a mustard plaster on
> > your chest.
>
> My father was a great believer in Fletcher's Castoria.  I learned to
> hide most illness at an early age.  ;-)

I'm convinced that Fletcher's Castoria (that I thought tasted really
great) is the flavor base for Dr. Pepper.

The one that always did me in was Phillip's Milk of Magnesia.  My
mother loved to dose you up with that stuff.  Yuck!  I still remember
the day that she mixed a spoon of it in a glass of water and made me
drink it.  ::shudder::

I gotta go use some mouthwash now.  Yuck.

Liz