Re: [gardeners] skirret

Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:25:48

At 06:44 PM 4/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Okay, I have seeds for skirret, a garden perennial root veggie.  To call
>them seeds is an exaggeration.  They look like a pinch of soot.  I know
>you're supposed to mix fine seeds with sand for sowing, but I think these
>skirret seeds could all cling to one grain of sand.  Does anyone have an
>alternative method of sowing such fine seeds?  thanks very much, Margaret

How about just shaking them out over the area you want to plant and then
transplant when they get larger? Or don't they transplant well? And what
the heck is skirret and what nation is it from?

By the way, how long does it take for Chinese Yam to come up? I'm getting
worried that the blankety-blank squirrels might have gotten them when
Sleepy Dawg wasn't on duty.

George