Re: [gardeners] Pansies and philosophy

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 07:26:43 -0400

I am pretty sure I saw pansies of the old fashioned sort in the Stokes
catalogue.  I ssed them.  I usually sow about August for the following
year.  They can be started in Jan. indoors and they are easy to germinate
and don't keel over when you set them out, but the August-sown plants seem
much hardier.  I don't get Burpees or Parks but I bet they'd have seed too.

I especially like Johnnie Jump-ups, not quite the same but still very
pretty.  That's the heartsease from Shakespeare.   Lucinda