Re: [gardeners] Rabbits

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 16:39:14 +0000

Catharine Vinson <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> Liz wrote:
>
> > Sounds like something that would work.  It'd sure keep me out of your
> > garden and I'm a tad braver than your average bunny rabbit.  Did they
> > mention how long you have to wait for the nasty bacteria to die
> > before you touch the plants again?
>
> Liz, Liz....the side of onions fried in bacon grease kills all the
> nasty bacteria in the liver.
>
> Catharine, who figures if there's 'companion planting' there should
> be 'companion bunny control' too.

Oh, now *there's* an idea.  Makes you wonder if a bit of angel hair
pasta with garlic and olive oil would humanely kill tomato hornwoms
while providing ready-to-eat Italian cuisine from the vine.

If that works then I suggest we try sauteed veal with wine to rid
lemon trees of white flies and harvest fresh veal picata.

Liz
Taking bets on the status of Herb's Catalog