Re: [gardeners] Grandchild

Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:30:14

At 11:29 AM 4/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>George, since you didn't have anything personal to do with
>this successful arrival, how come you're basking in the
>glory..?

Hey! The father of this child is the fruit of my loins as they used to say
in olden times. I had a little to do with it. Plus I didn't kill the father
when he was a teenager and deserved killing. ;-)

>Your 4th grandchild..?   Lucky, lucky man....   My father used
>to say that couples should have 2.6 children -- wonder where
>he got that statistic?

Since I'm of the sociology folks that do demographics I can safely say he
got it from a US Census statistic. Used to be that the average Amurican
family had a husband, wife, and 2.6 children. Remember that was the
average. Until Jordan was born I used to tell people I had 3.66
grandchildren. The numbers after the decimal point changed monthly. ;-)
That number does not include granddogs and grandcats or even grandgerbils.

George