Re: [gardeners] Back to the land of the living

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:16:19 -0400

At 06:29 PM 27-04-98, you wrote:
>At 04:36 PM 4/27/98 +0000, you wrote:
>>The wretched Herb Sale is OVER!!!! We sold 3000+ plants in 2 hours.
>>
>>I can now have time to a) read e-mail, b) reply to e-mail, c) sleep, d)
>>eat, e) get my garden into some sort of order.
>>
>>Catharine, who has missed you guys.
>>
>I, for one, was beginning to think the Herb Ladies had finally driven you
>into the mountains. Just a small question. Do you now harbor, or will you
>ever harbor, an intention to do another herb sale?

Take the pledge, Catharine

>George, wondering if everyone is out in the garden

I wish I were.  See last message.  I did get some lily of the valley dug up
for a friend and will plant something in the little box where it was.  It
was the last bit left along my driveway.  The smell in June was heavenly,
but they turned rusty and ratty for most of the rest of the summer.  I have
sedum there now, mostly, and climbing roses above going up the wall (sort of).

Another mysterious spring -- what is going to come up where?  The squirrels
moved even more bulbs than usual, it seems, and I am getting new surprises
every day in the bulb line, not to mention the native plants which always
invade and pop up here and there.  I don't think it would take very long
for wild nature to reclaim this patch of garden, but then, it's rather
'rustic' to begin with.

I did also get some, almost enough, dirt removed from one big box so I can
crowbar it apart and move it to its new spot.  Maybe by the weekend.

Lettuce is doing well, and I lost almost none of the lavender foliage.

Lucinda