Re: [gardeners] Rotten week/day

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 02 May 1998 07:15:14 -0600

At 04:35 PM 5/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
>George Shirley <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah, I suspect an allergy to blooming waxleaf
>> ligustrum as the cause of the infection.
>
>You have my sympathies, George.  One thing about the South that I
>don't miss are the ligustrums blooming everywhere.  I love the scent
>but I lived in hell all through their blooming season.  About every 3
>years I ended up with an infection after living with packed sinuses.
>
>When I'm elected Dictator of the Universe the first thing to go will
>be  spandex.  Ligustrum is about 6th on the list, right behind
>"fresh scent" and Downy April Fresh Fabric Softener.  "Fresh Scent"
>is the worst -- after a day of exposure to it I end up with bleeding
>sinuses.
>
>Liz
>Who's had the AC on in the 90 degree weather
>Proximal RNY May 7, 1998
>Surgeon:  Dr. Charles Edwards  Angel:  UT Carol
>St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
>Nordstrom's here I come.

I haven't been around "fresh scent," but my Mother used to use Downy fabric
softener.  First night I visited her, I complained that I had had very
little sleep because I couldn't breathe.  Asked what I used, I answered,
"anything but Downy."  Don't know what's in it, but it does a number on me.
 Margaret, who wouldn't be caught dead in spandex, but who enjoys seeing
spider-legged thin women walk away, wearing spandex.  A memorable scene.