Re: [gardeners] Plant sale

Sat, 16 May 1998 19:46:35

At 07:44 PM 5/16/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>Gotta go, got a bonus from a client this morning and I'm off to the garden
>>center to buy that statue of St. Fiacre I've been lusting after.
>>
>>George
>

>So, George, did you get the St. Fiacre?  I got one at the Southern Living
>Show in
>Charlotte this spring.  I had been looking for one for a long time before I
>found that
>one, and it was the only one there!  I love him!  I've still not got him
>moved into his
>permanent place, but I have plans... :-)
>BTW, how is Fiacre pronounced?  :-)  Even the vendor didn't know for sure!
>:-)
>
>Bambi

I had a choice of a brown-dyed, white, or grey concrete statue. Got the
grey one because I thought the other two were garish. The old boy is 30
inches tall and weighs about 60 or 70 lbs. Got a shovel and bouquet of
flowers so he's a true Fiacre.

Have hear two pronunciations, Fee-Aker and Fee Ak ray. Next time I see
Father Guido from down at Anne's church I'll ask him. He's Italian and has
been a priest for about a hundred years, he should know.

George, who bought a round volcanic rock today, about 12 inches in
diameter, for 5 bucks. Don't laugh, there are no rocks in Louisiana unless
they're imported.