Re: [gardeners] Rain!!

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 14:21:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, George Shirley wrote:

> Would you believe we just got about 1/100,000th of an inch of rain. Barely
> enough to wet the dogs coat as she ran around in it. Come on, we need more,
> more, more. I swan, them Yankee's are hoarding the rain all to themselves.

George, you can have my share.  It's being a frog-drowner out there
again today, and I'm about to rust into place permanently.  From
the looks of what's bouncing on top of the hot-tub cover, there's
a little hail in this storm, too.  You have to understand, PNW rains
are traditionally like a heavy mist... wipe off your shoulders and
you're dry 10 minutes after coming in.  This stuff is coming down in
buckets.  *AND* it's not supposed to rain more than a couple of
times between May and September here.  Mediterranean climate and
all that.

Gee, if I wanted to freeze all year 'round, I woulda moved someplace
really interesting, like Little America.

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
being very grumpy just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)