Re: [gardeners] Whine, Whine, Whine

Thu, 25 Jun 1998 19:36:04

At 02:19 PM 6/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>George Shirley <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

>> >911.

>> >Well, ya know, Liz, he also calls hisself a Southroner, and he don' eat
>> >collards,
>> >either.  Has anyone seen any o' them black helicopters heading in or
out of
>> >George's area?  Has Miz Anne noticed anything different about poor ol'
>> >abducted
>> >George?
>> >
>> >Bambi
>> >
>> I wuz brought up to believe only poor white trash ate collards or polk
>> salad. I don't even like mustard greens, much prefer chard or some of the
>> "new" Japanese greens.
>>
>> George
>
>And this sentiment came from those same women who dipped snuff?  I
>reckon if my Grandma had dipped snuff she might have thrown off on
>collards, too.  ;-)
>
>Liz

All them ol' southron ladies had secret vices. Your grannie probably drank
a case of Lydia Pinkham's tonic every week. A tasty concoction of alcohol,
opiates, and marijuana from what I've read. Cured the "vapors" right away.
Only difference between then and now is better communications and people
aren't as ashamed of their vices. Ma Shirley, my paternal grandmother,
always spelled out cuss words. Like it was okay to cuss if you could spell.
;-)

George