Re: [gardeners] Progress report

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:56:15

At 01:02 PM 6/26/98 +0000, you wrote:
>George wrote:
>
>> By the way, IT'S RAINING!!!  It has been drizzling rain since about 7:30
>> this morning, off and on, just the kind of rain we need. All of it is
>> soaking in so far and I hope it continues for a week.
>
>Tell the rain genie to amble up the coast when he/she/whatever is done
>dousing you guys. I know Bambi needs rain and Atlanta does too.
>
>Enjoy the rain!
>
>Catharine

The Weather Channel is forecasting heavy rains for us over the weekend.
Satellite picture shows lots of big tunder boomers out in the Gulf moving
Northwest. Lots of rain would be a blessing for the local farmers and
stockmen. The cattle ranchers are already having to feed hay and without
several inches of rain the rice and soy bean crops will go by the wayside.
The only things that are doing well are the mosquitos and the German yellow
jackets. Found two nests of yellow jackets in the yard last week,
exterminated both with extreme prejudice. Don't know a blasted thing that a
yellow jacket is good for. They stung Miz Anne four or five times and that
sealed their fate.

George, watching the rain with glee