Re: [gardeners] Gotta remember what you planted where

Tue, 30 Jun 1998 20:11:35

At 03:36 PM 6/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>HI Margaret,
>    I'm in Zone 8 also. No squash borers this spring or last. When I lived on
>the Gulf Coast I had Squash borers every year. I'm about 250 miles inland now
>and no borers yet.
>
>Happy Gardening,
>
>Allen
>
>Bastrop Co.,Tx
>
>Zone 8
>Margaret Lauterbach wrote:
>
>> At 11:31 AM 6/30/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> >

>> >Harry Boswell                 hboswell@netdoor.com
>> >USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)
>> >Home Page:  http://www2.netdoor.com/~hboswell
>> >
>> How are you able to foil the squash borers, Harry?  George pulled out his
>> (dead) squash vines, and I think you're in the same zone.  Margaret

I believe Harry's further inland than I am too. Allen certainly is. I'm in
USDA Zone 9b, really about 10 or 11 right now. We have had squash borers
for the 35 plus years I've gardened on the coast. Thank goodness for edible
gourds, of which I harvested a bunch today.

George