Re: [gardeners] BBQ&Coleslaw????

Fri, 03 Jul 1998 10:57:03

At 09:54 AM 7/3/98 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Sh*t, you oughta try the famous Cincinnati "Chili". An abomination before
>> the Lord.
>>

>Now, George, I gotta disagree with you there.  I developed quite a liking
>for Cincy Chili while going there for the Corps.  It's different, for
>true, and my kids won't touch it, but I like it.
>
>Harry Boswell                 hboswell@netdoor.com
>USDA Zone 8 (Mississippi USA)
>Home Page:  http://www2.netdoor.com/~hboswell

There's no accounting for taste. The same guy that won't eat a mustard or
vinegar based bbq sauce will lap up Cincy Chili. You best not ever go to
South Texas and tell them you ate that stuff, they'll run you out of town
on a rail. <VBG>

I spent a year in New England, Rhode Island to be perzact, but never
developed a liking for clams. I guess I thought they oughta taste like
oysters but found out they tasted, to me, like pencil erasers. Miz Anne
likes clams but won't eat a raw oyster. Different strokes for different
folks to quote a cliche. ;-)

George