Re: [gardeners] dynamite

Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:18:13

At 11:03 PM 7/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>> Woops! Never mind! ;-) I guess that would certainly change the situation.
>>>Hey, maybe one of George's sons would dynamite the hole for her?
>>
>>Hey! George only got one son and he's a yuppie, doesn't play with dynamite.
>>Now my middle grandson might want to help.
>>
>>George
>>

>Hi George,
> Hmm, son in law maybe? I was thinking of your post a few years ago about
>one of your kin "digging" holes for trees. <VBG>
>
>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net>
>USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.

Where I grew up everyone used to dynamite stumps to clear a field. Lots
cheaper than renting a bulldozer. Gubmint stopped that as you now can only
get a limited amount of dynamite and you gotta sign for it in a big way. I
took the trees off my property to build our first house with primacord, one
advantage of being in the National Guard and a lot easier than chain sawing
them down. Sigh, I don't think you could do that in today's political
environment, to many opportunities for misuse of explosives.

George