[gardeners] Re: real rain, finally

Matt Trahan (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:28:39 -0400

>Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 23:30:12 -0400
>From: Myra Amler <amler@mindspring.com>
>Subject: RE: [gardeners] Projects for other people
>
>Matt,
>You got five inches of rain over at ECU???

ECSU, I'm even further east, in Elizabeth City. Mayberry, RFD. Gotta love
it, nice quiet small town, an hour south of one of the largest cityplex's
on the east coast.

 ACK!  We only get spit upon
>here in Charlotte.  Last nights rain didn't even give me an inch.  I'll
>have the sprinklers out tomorrow.
>
>Myra Amler
>amler@mindspring.com
>"Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?" Unknown

Hi Myra,
 Yes, finally! These clouds were for us!
 We've spent the better part of 2 months watching these wonderful big fat
juicy black rumbling thunderheads wandering up to New England, and dumping
more rain on my dad. He says he would be more than happy to share.
 I was really curious about scientific rain making or cloud seeding a few
weeks ago. We could certainly have used the water that was cruising past up
above us, and my dad would have been more than happy to avoid another 11
inch thunderstorm.
 Does anyone have any info on any progress in this area? I know the legal
hassles will be a nightmare, but right now I'm just curious if it's at all
practical.

 It's our first good one in a while. Norfolk/Va.Beach have been doing
mostly ok, also points west and north of us. Up until this week, we've been
just below the rain line.

 Man, gardeners, in winter we whine for sunny warm days, in summer we whine
'cause we finally got 'em. Next year I need to start asking for a string of
5-6 nice sunny warm days, then 2 days of RAIN!

 Hope your weather improves,

Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net>
USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.