Re: A bowl of Red, was Re: Fwd: Re: [gardeners] Authenticity

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 07:03:51 -0600

At 08:51 PM 7/24/98 +0000, you wrote:
>MaPat wrote:
>
>> Chili is made from very few ingredients:
>> 	Meat (beef or venison) cut (NEVER ground) into small dice
>> 	Water
>> 	Garlic
>> 	Onions
>> 	Masa
>> 	Salt
>> 	Chili peppers
>
><snip>
>
>> As I said, Texans take their chili serious!  Pat
>
>I will be witness: this makes the most wonderful chili there is. I get
>homesick just reading the recipe. And while beef makes a good chili,
>venison makes the best without exception.
>
>Catharine

Eeeeeeeuuuuuwwwww, Catharine.  The chiles might make venison palatable, but
when you smell it cooking, my stomach does flipflops.  Just thinking about
it turns my stomach.  Margaret