RE: [gardeners] Where is everyone?

Rosemary Carlson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:30:34 -0400

I'm here too! Thanks, Margaret, for asking! My home contruction is now
going very well! My house is under roof and the subcontracters start next
week with plumbing being first. The bathtubs are in! I'm excited! My
contracter estimates very late October or early November as a move-in date
- and that's fine with me! I just want to get moved before the holidays.
Once the house got started, it's really been pretty painless. I think I
must have an awfully good contracter. He consults me on everything - but we
tend to think alike, which is a good thing. He's very responsive and
available. No problems at all - except he assures me that the work will
seem to go at a snail's pace when they're doing the inside.

So, now I get to move in the middle of a semester. YIKES!

About gardening - I've not done much of that this summer except just
maintenance stuff on my perennial and rose beds and a small veggie garden.
My gardening focus right now is to make everything look nice so I can sell
my house. I'll have to sell it after I move - empty - due to my mother's
poor health. Isn't the holidays just a dandy time to sell a house? :( The
one thing I am doing is potting up the perennials that I want to take with
me - and I'll hope that I can plant them before frost! Don't know.....

Hope everyone on the list is well. Does anyone hear from/know about Joyce
Schillen? I haven't heard from her in forever - nor have I seen her name on
the gardening lists. I hope she's OK.

Rosemary in Lexington, KY