[gardeners] Outsmarting Coons (not)

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 05:56:35 -0400

At 03:47 PM 8/18/98 -0400, you wrote:
>All right, nobody likes a smarta**, Cynthia!  :) :)  My father-in-law is
>waiting patiently with an "I told you so" to see if I can beat the
>racoons (something he failed at for about 6 years before he gave up
>growing corn).
>
>Alice
>seyfried@oclc.org

(he he he) Hi Alice,

I've never been one to grow many edibles, usually just flowers for eye
feasts.  Anyway, I thought I'd be adventuresome and grow some corn this
year.  My neighbor who has battled coons for years had given up the fight
and was not going to plant this year for the first time.  I begged her to
plant her corn anyway.  My reasoning (you can start laughing hysterically
now), I figured if she put the corn where the coons were used to finding
it, maybe (just maybe), they wouldn't know about my corn and I'd get a few
ears.

Talk about living in a fantasy world.  I'm still laughing at myself.  The
coons have gotten most of my corn, and hers is untouched.

Cynthia (who after 3 yrs of gardening has figured out that gardeners are a
delusional lot...<vbg>)

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **