[gardeners] OT Be Proud Ontarians

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 07:13:17 -0400

At 10:03 AM 8/28/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>Saw Leahy perform (a dancing/fiddling/singing family).  You Canadians do
grow some major talent
>:-)
>

>Yes they are natives but Mom is from Cape Breton.  That's where the music
>comes from.  Lucinda

Pardon my ignorance... another geographically-challenged American here...
Where is Cape Breton?
And not to take anything from Ontario-ites...the dad was loaded with talent
(he's a fiddler) and he's from Nova Scotia.  They (Leahy family) grew up on
a farm in Nova Scotia... where their parents and some sibs still live.  The
Mum was the dancer....but how much dancing can you do when your birthing 11
babies?

Regardless, of who or where...this group of performers gave one of the most
outstanding shows I've ever seen (made Riverdance seem like a slow waltz in
comparison).

Cynthia
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **