Re: [gardeners] Dark and gonna get wet

Sun, 27 Sep 1998 13:13:04

Thanks to all that wished us well. At the current time looks like the coast
from Morgan City, LA eastward is gonna catch hell. The sun came out here,
no rain yet, but the storm is not supposed to hit land until Monday
morning. Feel sorry for all the folks who had to evacuate the low-lying
areas of Louisiana and Mississippi. Much as we love salt water and the
beach I would never live there permanently. In nearly 38 years of marriage
we have lost a) two beach cabins; b) an entire lot (now about 150 feet out
in the Gulf); c) my folks lost a cabin; d) my aunt lost a cabin; e) my
sister lost two cabins. Did I mention we're all slow learners? Now we live
inland and rent beach cabins for a week or two a year.

Dinner was good, ever watch an eighteen year old man (to big to call a kid
anymore) scarf up a whole hogs worth of ribs? Miz Anne did the tempura
thing on some lagenaria gourd and it was delish.

George