Re: [gardeners] Hostas

Kathy Kennedy (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:40:56 -0500 (CDT)

My favorite hosta is Elegans, a Sieboldi hosta.  The leaves are big,
corrugated, blue-green, and sow bugs and slugs don't bother Elegans at my
house.  I think it's because the leaves and stems are very fibrous.  Other
hostas in the same bed have been chewed to the ground, never to come back.

I also like the good old Royal Standard, which does well for me, and has
blooms that smell nice.

I don't think I've ever seen Paul's Glory.

Kathy K, mid-Missouri, zone 5
kkennedy@mail.coin.missouri.edu