RE: [gardeners] wildgarden list

Fri, 02 Oct 1998 14:57:43

At 01:33 PM 10/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>And on more than one occasion I have gotten a truck load of horse manure for
>Mother's day.
>
>Alice
>seyfried@oclc.org
If you enjoyed the gift you are a lot like Miz Anne. Our children, on more
than one occasion, have given her a load of manure for the garden. They
generally joke about whether she will swim in it or use for the garden.
Either way she gleefully accepts. Miz Anne's dad was an architect who
gardened for relaxation. Her mother never set foot outside the door without
her hat and gloves. Reckon who she takes after? My lady is a genuine Steel
Magnolia, old clothes, funny hats and dirt under her nails today and the
fine frock, high heels, and the jewelry tomorrow. A fine lady she is,
however she dresses, and whatever the gift.

George