Re: [gardeners] Rosemary's house

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 03 Oct 1998 19:00:33 -0500

Hi Rosemary and Pat,
    Two years before we moved to Bastrop Co., we moved to Austin from Galveston
Co.
The house we lived in, in Galveston Co. was leased with the guarantee that it
was income property and would never be put on the market to sell. Yeah Right!!
We were there two yrs when the real estate co that was the property manager
started bugging us about making appointments to show the house. GRRRRRR!! I
soon became a difficult tenant. One real estate agent was constantly trying to
schedule appointments at our customary supper time. I didn't feel very flexible
about this as we still had all three sons still at home. It was family time
besides time to eat. The realtor couldn't believe that people still had family
suppers. We refused those times. She showed up with clients. I answered the
door, kindly told the clients that the family was eating supper and did not
wish to be disturbed. They understood, she didn't. The short of it is she was
invited to walk down the driveway or skid down there on her a**. The next day
we got a nasty phone call from the manager of the co. I went to see him, while
he was still on the phone. I do my best work in person! Thereafter the realtors
with that agency were very nice. We moved to Austin before they sold the house,
which took another six months. I would have been under the jail by then!
    Ain't 'nothing but a nightmare, selling a house. Ask my Dad!
Allen
Bastrop Co.,Tx