Re: [gardeners] Definately one word. ;-)

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 08:51:22 +0000

Margaret Lauterbach <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> <snip>>
> >It's surprising how tolerant we southerners are of Yankees. Most of us
> >figure it isn't your fault that you weren't born in the south. Texans are
> >the worse ones of the lot, we truly pity folk who weren't born in Texas.
> <VBG>
> >
> >George
> >
> Then why is it they spend their summers in Colorado?  I do recall
> the bejeweled women from Beaumont who used to make u-turns to steal
> parking spaces from those of us who were obeying the law, and who
> used to steal sugar from the Chautauqua cafeteria during WWII when
> sugar was rationed. They'd just turn the sugar bowl upside down in
> their purses, then sit there bold as brass complaining the sugar
> bowl was empty.  Margaret

Sounds like a perfectly charming woman.  I note that she was run out
of Texas and ended up in Colorado.  One thing I've noticed is that
Texans do a good job of sending their scum elsewhere.  I guess
that's why they call what's left "The Great State". ;-)

Liz