Re: [gardeners] Re: pepper plant size

Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:00:15 -0700

IIRC all pepper plants, like tomato plants, are actually perennials,
generally in their home turf Mexico and south. I've seen jalapeno plants
six feet tall and several years old in south Texas in a protected corner
and have a Longhorn plant that will be two years old in January, if it
makes it, growing in my garden. You will probably need to feed it and
keep it well watered if you keep it in the house under the lights. No
reason you can't keep it healthy and replant it in your garden next
year.
How about some comments from you folks in zones 10 and 11.

George